Do you know what Pinterest is? It is another one of those social media applications that you should think about using for business…. hmm I hear you say – but how?….here are some of the stats to consider when looking at the Pinterest medium….and whether it would be right for your business.
Pinterest have recently produced stats that have said that it can increase traffic, leads and sales by reaching more than 11 million people….now wouldn’t that be beneficial to your business….it is said to be one of the largest traffic referral sites and now more powerful than Google +.
According to Wikipedia “Pinterest is a pin board style photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme- based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies and more. Users can browse other pin boards for inspiration, re-pin images to their own collections or ‘like’ photos. Pinterest’s mission is to “connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting via global platform sharing”
Retail companies have taken advantage of Pinterest for advertising and style trending, as have other industry sectors. It is a way for your clients to easily visualise your products or services and is fast becoming a new way to develop relationships.
So how can you use Pinterest for your business?
- Look at other users on Pinterest that have similar businesses or ideologies that your business also aligns with.
- If your business has content but it is not images that certainly doesn’t matter as there are ways to convert facts, stats and statistical information info through using infographics or other digital marketing resources.
- Focus on providing quality content that relates to your business and develop your brand through perhaps developing an online brochure that leads people to your website.
- Offer a call to action by describing the benefits of your products and services giving them samples of how it can be used….therefore encouraging people to potentially go to your website to look further or even make an enquiry or purchase .
- By adding an image to pinterest that is already on your blog/website you can direct traffic back to your webpage for people to read an article that you may have written.
I love the way you can customise your boards and put in images that inspire people to want to know more. These are just a few ways of how Pinterest could be beneficial for your business….will you be the only business without a presence?