When creating a marketing campaign, it can be overwhelming knowing where to begin. Who should you target? What medium is right for your business? Below are a few handy tips to help you create a successful marketing campaign.
- Find out from your potential customers what they want and how they want to receive it, then research it.
- Always look for ways to make doing business with your company easier, faster, more fun, and more convenient.
- The two strongest appeals in our culture are love and money. Offers that help prospects get or save money or time, tend to be more successful.
- Remember the 40-40-20 rule for marketing. It breaks down your success in direct marketing three ways. 40% of your success is using the right mailing list, another 40% is having the right offer, and 20% is everything else involved. I.e. Postage, paper, graphics, etc.
- When you write advertising copy, always put it aside for at least a full day before going back and reviewing it. By doing this, you will be able to improve on it.
- When it comes to your copy, clarity is the most important thing. This is followed by passion and enthusiasm. If you’re not passionate about your service and have it come through in your copy, your prospects won’t be passionate about it either.
- Statistics show that mail delivered on Saturdays and Mondays will get the poorest response. The best days for mail delivery are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday…in that order.
- When dealing with customers, say what you mean and mean what you say. Develop a reputation in your area that your word is truly your bond, and people will respect you and want to do more business with you.